In building this website there have been a couple of websites that have been quite useful.
Here are a few of them..
- http://subtlepatterns.com/ great for subtle backgrounds
- http://mapicons.nicolasmollet.com/ good for icons to use on maps. I haven’t actually made use of this yet, but plan to for my travel section
- http://webcreme.com/ good for inspiration
- http://buero-buero.org/ I just thought this was cool, initially I thought of going down a path like this, but decided to opt for the more conservative look. I may do something a little more fancy for my portfolio section
- http://ideaexhibit.com/ I really liked the idea of this one as well
- http://code.google.com/p/markdownsharp/ I use markdown (and subsequently this library) for authoring content
- http://code.google.com/p/google-code-prettify/ I use this for making source code in my blog posts prettier